Blue Light Treatment
Origin of Led Therapy
In the process to find a solution for growing plants and feeding astronauts in space, NASA enlisted the expertise of plant biologists, who looked to LED lights as a solution. Once LEDs proved to be successful in plant growth, NASA investigated the use of LED therapy in tissue healing and found positive results, also. This research fueled the development of innovative and powerful LEDs that are now used in a variety of aesthetic applications.
How it Works?
The principle of red light therapy can be thought of as like a human version of the way plants photosynthesize. It is thought that certain wavelengths of light can enhance the functioning of mitochondria, which are the organelles in a cell which take in nutrients and break them down to create energy molecules for the cell. By enhancing the cellular respiration, it will improve the functioning of the whole cell.
1) Clinical Efficacy of Self-applied Blue Light Therapy for Mild-to-Moderate Facial Acne https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20729943/
2) Self-diagnosis of Mild-to-Moderate Acne for Self Treatment with Blue Light Therapy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923948/
3) Blue Light Treatment evaluate the safety and efficacy of blue light treatment versus a topical benzoyl peroxide 5% https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20098847/
4) Light-emitting diode 415 nm in the treatment of inflammatory acne https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16581683/
5) A new targeted blue light phototherapy for the treatment of acne https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17254034/